Thursday 30 April 2009

The new Fagin?

The last few days I've been in several shops - just myself and Emily. She has a certain gravitational pull - so people in the shops start conversations easily - or Emily says something that triggers a response and conversation.

This is all good fun. But yesterday I got another side of this.

We were in a shop and I was looking at a jacket and exchanged a few comments with the assistant. Then Emily started her thing...

She was off flirting, talking and waving. This then triggered a whole different response from the assistant. Suddenly dad is getting extra tips, discounts and offers of stock that's not even on display!

I feel like some born-again Fagin, exploiting my daughter to get some advantage - a little bit of metaphorical pick-pocketting. 

Oh well, which shop shall we try it out on tomorrow????

Oh, "you've got to pick a pocket or two......."

No comments:

Post a Comment